We recently held a “Squash Taster’ session for a group of juniors from the London Chinese Community Centre, organised by Centre Director Beverley Lin.
During the 80-minute session the group, aged from 11 to 16, most of whom had never played racket sports before, were shown:
- Squash Specific warm ups (ie movement around the court)
- Introduction to the court markings
- Correct grip of the racket
- Basic safety and playing rules
- Correct racket swing
- Serve and game play and tactics
We finished with a three-quarter court session to give the newcomers to squash an opportunity to test their skills on each other.
Beverley assures me that they all thoroughly enjoyed the session and sent a few pictures!